Sunday, January 6, 2013

Inspiration .....

Spent some quality hours in the garden this morning, trawling Pinterest.  I am inspired by a series of images from an older blog where the author celebrated her 39th birthday by stitching "39 squares".  I am very taken by this idea and have decided to commemorate my "big one" by stitching 49 Squares.  There are 209 days left of my 49th year so stitching a square every 4 days should keep me on track to achieving this memento.  Now I have a couple of days to decide on a base fabric, a colour pallette and a stitching direction ......  I'm so excited.

I looked through my (rather large) UFO cupboard earlier in the week, and found this little project I started (here is where I hang my head sheepishly) back in 2009.  

Embarrassingly, 45 minutes of stitching time saw it completed.  After hand washing, there was a slight colour run, but I rather like the 'antiqued' look this has left.  Just waiting on a frame now to complete the project and enjoy it over the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment