Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stitching along .....

I have been catching up on a lot of unread blogs while on holiday.  There are a lot of busy busy stitchers out there!  I have been inspired by a few beautiful pieces that are underway - and am excited to see that they have stitchalongs.

Soooooo, with a little trepidation, I have joined the following groups:

Melissa from Happy Quilting is hosting a Quilt-a-Long for her gorgeous quilt Starburst. I have the rest of today to decide on my fabric choices so that I can enjoy Step 1 with everyone else tomorrow.




Monique of Open Gate Quilts is also holding a Quilt-a-Long - with 6 well known bloggers joining in with different colour options - stitching "Blogger Girls Block of the Month".  Six blocks will be posted, one each month - with two options; a quilt of 6 blocks, or a quilt of 12 blocks, using each pattern twice in a different colour formation.  I intend to make the 12 block option.

                                            

Lastly (as if that isn't enough) - I have decided to work to my own schedule and stitch a Christmas ornament each month using Little House Needleworks (and others) patterns.  I have been inspired by the primitive trees featuring cross stitch ornaments that I have seen across blogs and Pinterest these last weeks.  I am anxiously waiting for my first order to arrive with these little ornaments .....


As a journal for myself, I will be uploading pics of each of these elements as I progress ...........


No comments:

Post a Comment